Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)®
As part of the body’s healing ability, platelets and other components in human blood migrate to the point of care. Platelets are well known to release numerous growth factors that respond to tissue injury and initiate and promote the conditions for healing.
How does Eclipse PRP work?
Eclipse PRP® is an autologous system that allows providers to prepare platelet-rich plasma at the patient point of care. The platelet-rich plasma is optimally concentrated with minimal amounts of contaminating red and white blood cells. This system has been safely used in hundreds of thousands of procedures worldwide.
What do platelets do?
Platelets release growth factors which regulate the healing cascade by signaling to surrounding cells to repair damaged tissue and regenerate new tissue. Key growth factors involved in this process include but are not limited to:
- Platelet-Derived Growth Factor (PDGF)
- Transforming Growth Factor group (TGF)
- Epidermal Growth Factor (EGF)
- Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF)
- Fibroblast Growth Factor (FGF)
- Keratinocyte Growth Factor (KGF)
Features & Benefits
Simple: Fewer steps than other PRP (platelet-rich plasma) systems—
Easy Spin 3 Step Process
- Step 1: Collect Patients Blood (11ml or 22ml tube) and Centrifuge (10 min.)
- Step 2: Extract Platelet Poor Plasma (PPP)
- Step 3: Collect Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) and apply
Superior: Optimal platelet recovery 87% ± 10%
Safe: High-tech gel designed for safe and consistent preparation
Convenient Procedure: Takes less than 30 minutes
Patient Friendly: Small volume of blood required
No Foreign Components: Virtually eliminates the risk of adverse reactions
FDA Clearance: 510(k) number: BK110035